Methods of Delivery
We ship fully assembled structures throughout the east coast and sometimes throughout the United States. Kitted structures are often a better choice for longer distance within the United States and around the world. Methods of delivery will vary. Please contact our sales staff for a specific method of delivery that would suit your location.
1. Delivery of fully assembled structure by Barn Hauling Trailer:
Delivery of fully assembled structures within a 500 miles radius of our home office, typically are delivered by Barn Hauling Trailer.
All preparatory work of the site and access to the site is the responsibility of the property owner.
The cost of delivery is based upon the distance of your location from our home office. Please contact our staff for a quote. They will need to know the size and style you are considering as well as your zip code.
2. Kitted structures via barn hauling trailer:
Delivery of a kit within 300 miles of our facility is usually less expensive with our standard barn hauling trailer and can be slid off the trailer without manual help. Please ask the sales staff for the best delivery option for you.
3. Delivery of Kitted Structures via Common Carrier:
- Shipped Common Carrier to the closest terminal near you. You are responsible to pick it up at the nearest terminal.
- Shipped to a Local Business near you that would agree to unload it for you with a forklift. You are responsible for finding the local business.
- Shipped direct to your house. This is a more expensive, but more convenient option than the first two. Please verify that a tractor trailer truck can access your home from the main road. Also, you will need persons capable of hand unloading the shipment piece by piece, including all packaging material. Please note the driver will NOT assist in unloading the kit. If the size of your kit is 4’x 7-1/2’ lift gate service is available upon request. Lift gates allow entire units to be dropped off by the driver. There is an additional fee for the lift gate. You will need to request this service prior to delivery as all trucks are not equipped with lift gates.
- Please be sure to inspect your kitted structure when it arrives. Please contact the sales office PRIOR to assembly if any part is missing or damaged. Since we are subject to Common Carrier claims department procedures, the following must be done in case of damaged packaging or product:
- Notation of either damaged packaging/product must be written on the document you sign for acceptance. If there is a box or category stating, “Wrap intact? Please check “NO”.
- Note: Driver may want to leave before inspection is complete. If so, make sure you note this on the delivery acceptance paperwork.
- In the event of damages, please call Lancaster County Barns IMMEDIATELY (before the driver leaves) and take pictures of the damages to be forwarded via e-mail to email@example.com within 3 days of receiving shipment.
4. On Site Installation and Assembly:
When site access will not allow for the width of your structure to be delivered fully assembled, we offer Onsite Installation and Assembly services.
It is your responsibility to provide the following:
- A level foundation
- A crushed gravel pad or a pad to town code
- At least 3’ of access around the structure
If the above are not provided, the crew will not be able to perform installation and assembly. The cost of their return trip will be your responsibility.
Any additions or changes to your structure during installation and assembly must go through the Lancaster County Barns sales office, not the crew on site. All change orders will incur a change order fee. Some changes cannot be made on site and will require a return trip and added trip and labor costs.
If the kit components need to be carried more than 50 yards, there will be an additional labor charge of $75 per man per hour ($45 min). A charge of $100 will apply on all installations above a 3’ grade.
Exchanges and Returns of Fully Assembled Structures
Lancaster County Barns holds the right to determine if the structure requires an exchange, return or repairs. Structures are only returned if the correction cannot be made on the delivery site.
STRUCTURES will NOT be exchanged or returned the day of your delivery. Most loads require permits and these need to be ordered in advance of shipment. (See Special Note on Goods Damaged in Shipment)
If it is determined that the shed needs to be returned to Lancaster County Barns due to an error that cannot be corrected at your location, the structure will be placed in a designated spot on your property until a date for pick up is determined. In the event a new structure is coming as an exchange, the pickup will take place the day the new structure is delivered. In some cases, this can take up to 4-6 weeks. In the event it has been determined another structure will not be in its place, the structure will be picked up at our first open schedule date.
Special Note on Goods Damaged in Shipment
Be sure to inspect your shipment as soon as it arrives. If the product has been damaged during shipment, you must contact Lancaster County Barns while the delivery company is at your location. Failure to do so will result in additional fees to facilitate return of the damaged goods or damage will be your responsibility to repair.
Lancaster County Barns is NOT responsible for the following
- Site preparation: An existing level site is required to set your structure properly. If your site is not level your doors will not operate properly and the overall structure will not hold its integrity while settling.
- Blocking materials: Your structure unloads from the end of the trailer. When setting up blocks keep in mind that we need to back onto the site to unload. Blocking should not extend out of the ground more than 6" in center or on the end the truck is backing in from. (See note below on concrete blocks and piers.)
- Minor blocking and leveling of structure: (Driver’s responsibility if your site is prepared properly)
- Site accessibility: (Power lines, trees, tree branches, rocks, fences, posts, mailboxes, other buildings, and anything in the way of the truck or placement are your responsibility to move.) Prior to delivery, please clear the path to your structure’s foundation. Doing so will help cut down time on station expenses. NOTE: If site is inaccessible, for any reason, our driver may unload your structure as close to the intended site as conditions permit. This is called a CURBSIDE DELIVERY. The truck and driver must be able to drive out from under the structure.
- Property damage: Resulting from inaccessibility, soft ground, trees, wells, septic systems, etc…
- Ground conditions: The ground must be hard enough for the delivery company to drive on to accomplish the job. Therefore, if the truck/trailer gets stuck, you will be responsible for the tow truck expense.
- Property permits
Time on Station/Setting your Structure
If the structure requires any of the following:
- Additional time (anything over 1/2 hr is considered additional time)
- Setting the structure in an alternate location as a result of poor/difficult access.
- Reloading to move the structure to another location.
- Use of “shed mover” or “mule tool”
In any of the above situations, expense will be billed under the minimum equipment fee and time on station.
If site access turns out to be an unforeseen problem for you or setting the structure requires additional equipment such as, but not limited to, a back loader/forklift/crane, because we do not provide these services, we will set the structure in a different spot at the drop site.
(Note: Some structures cannot be moved with the above equipment listed)
If you believe access may be a problem contact the sales staff to discuss options
On some smaller structures, schedule 40 PVC can be used to push the structure into place. Man power is your responsibility. Please note: ROLLING CANNOT BE DONE ON INCLINES OR SLOPES.
See website for foundation recommendations.
Please check with your town for requirements prior to ordering.
Concrete Blocks / Piers
If your structure is 10’ x 12’ or under you can set it on concrete blocks, blocking should not extend more than 6" out of the ground. In order to avoid a large step into the shed, we recommend you use 2" or 4" concrete blocks or dig the blocking into the ground near ground level.
If concrete piers are used, they should also not extend more than 6” out of the ground. These are commonly used in larger buildings according to local town building codes. Please note that if the structure is delivered fully assembled, piers need to be spaced so the truck is not backing over them.
Concrete blocks are not recommended if the truck cannot back up straight to the short side of the pad. In this case crushed stone is a better option. Please see your town for the pad requirements and our link online labeled, “Foundation Guide.”
Although the color scans on this web site were scanned with a very high-quality scanner not all computer monitors are the same and do not necessarily display colors the same way. It is recommended that you have your video resolution adjusted to 800 x 600 or greater and your color depth set to 16 bit (high color) or 32 bit (true color). Most modern computers are capable of displaying 16.7 million colors at one time in 32 bit mode.
If an exact color match is required -- please submit a color sample to us and we will match it as close as possible using our standard colors. We also use name brand vinyl and shingles. You may want to check them out at your local hardware or lumber store (call for brand names if not posted).
Once an order has been sent to production, any changes made will be the cost of the change plus an additional $50.00 per change.
Should you not be able to take delivery of your building within 4 weeks of our contacting you to set up delivery we will charge you a storage fee charge of $50 per week.
Flatbed Barn Hauling Trailer delivery may be cancelled 3 business days in advance of the delivery date. In the event that you do not provide 3 business days advance notice, but we can stop the delivery, you will be responsible for the cost of any permits that were purchased for your delivery. In the event that we cannot stop the truck, you will be responsible for the return delivery cost and any permits that were purchased for your delivery.
Common Carrier may not be stoppable and you will have to take delivery. In the event of a refusal, the return delivery and any storage fees will be your responsibility.
Large Ticket Item Cancellation Fee Schedule
25% 5 Business Days from Order
50% 10 Business Days from Order
90% 15 Business Days from Order
100% 16+ Business Days from Order
NOTE: Estimated Shipping Cost and Hauling Fee will be refunded in Full, unless a delivery attempt has been made.
Barns, Sheds, and Gazebos may take several weeks for delivery. However, this does not apply to build on sites. They will be scheduled when our crews and trucks are available. You may inquire about your order status by calling or sending an e-mail. To keep prices as low as possible, some products are shipped to you directly from the production facility.
Fees and Payment
Any amounts payable to Lancaster County Barns not paid when due will bear interest at the rate of one-and one-half percent (1.5%) per month or the maximum rate permitted by applicable law, whichever is less. If Lancaster County Barns collects any payment due at law or through an attorney at law or under advice there from or through a collection agency, Customer will pay all costs of collection, including, without limitation, all court costs and reasonable attorneys' fees. If any check is returned for insufficient funds, Lancaster County Barns may impose a processing charge of $25.
Invoice Total under $5,000
- Paid in full via ACH/certified check/wire transfer (3% discount already applied)
- Paid in full via credit card (Add 3% convenience fee to total order)
Invoice Total over $5,000
- 50% Up Front / 50% Pre-Authorized on a credit card
- Balance can be paid via ACH/certified check/wire transfer upon completion.
- Add a 3% convenience fee to total order if credit card is used for Balance due
Anytime you use a credit card a 3% convenience fee is added.
*NOTE: All prices and price quotes given online are subject to change by Lancaster County Barns.
Credit Card Security
All credit card numbers are encrypted in the software when the order is placed using 128 bit encryption. They are only decrypted after they reach our computer. They are not held in clear text on any web site.
If you need to reach us, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, you can call at (717) 553-0300 or fax us at (717) 427-1548 or write to us at Lancaster County Barns, 930 Red Rose Court – Suite 209, Lancaster, PA. 17601 (Note: We do not have any retail locations.)
Lancaster County Barns does not disclose buyer’s information to third parties. Cookies are used on this shopping site to keep track of the contents of your shopping cart once you have selected an item, to store delivery addresses if the address book is used and to store your details if you select the 'Remember Me' option.
Limitations and Exclusions
Local Building Codes:
Codes vary from town to town all throughout the US. You as the purchaser are responsible for being aware of what those codes are, making sure both the structure and foundation and in compliance. If you are required to have specific designs/materials etc. please review that with your sales representative and we can assist you. Custom design is available as the product/design/service allows.
Kitted Structure Assembly
Some of our structures are available in kitted form. Not all have instructions. Construction experience is necessary for assembly. Please look over all kits PRIOR to assembly making sure all parts are included and nothing is damaged.
Lancaster County Barns reserves the right to make changes to our site and these disclaimers, terms, and conditions at any time. By using this site, you agree to be bound by the terms hereof and by any such revisions. This site is created and controlled by Lancaster County Barns in the State of Pennsylvania, USA. The laws of the United States and the State of Pennsylvania will govern these disclaimers, terms, and conditions, without giving effect to any principles of conflicts of laws. Venue and jurisdiction for all disputes will lie in Lancaster County, Pennsylvania. You agree that if any part of these terms and conditions are found to be unenforceable, the remainder of these terms and conditions will remain in full force and effect.